Warranty Process Protocol
(See individual divisions of the Operations and Maintenance Manual for specific maintenance requirements)
The warranty term (the "Correction Period") and any conditions for the warranty are identified in the contract for
construction. During the Correction Period, Neenan will assign a qualified and experienced representative to work
directly with the Owner’s representatives to address and commence work to correct defective Work pursuant to the
warranty provisions of the contract. Prior to the expiration of the Correction Period, Neenan’s warranty representative
will schedule and attend with the Owner an inspection of the Project to determine whether any defective work pursuant to
the warranty provisions of the contract exists. Neenan’s representative and the Owner will prepare a list of such
defective work and, upon correction; Neenan’s representative will notify the Owner.
During the Correction Period if you encounter any condition which you believe is covered by the warranty,
or if at any time you need assistance, the following steps will be utilized in addressing your claim:
1. Fill out a Warranty Item Request electronically (provided by Neenan) with all pertinent information (i.e issue, priority, building name, room number/ location at building, date, photo, contact information).
2. A Neenan Client Services Department representative will contact the person listed in the Warranty Item Request form within 24 hours to begin the warranty process.
3. Neenan’s Client Services Department representative will schedule a site visit with either Neenan personnel or the appropriate subcontractor to investigate the Warranty Item.
4. Should the Warranty Item be deemed a warrantable issue in accordance with the terms of the contract for construction, Neenan will remedy/repair the Warranty Item through either a subcontractor or Neenan personnel at Neenan’s discretion.
5. Should the Warranty Item be deemed a non-warrantable issue in accordance with the terms of the contract for construction, Owner will pay Neenan for all costs incurred by Neenan in investigating the Warranty Item, using Neenan’s standard billing rates for Neenan personnel, plus all travel expenses and all costs incurred by Neenan for subcontractors, consultants or vendors.
If the Warranty Item is deemed a non-warrantable issue in accordance with the terms of the contract for construction Neenan will provide the Owner with a work authorization form for the Owner to sign if the Owner desires to have Neenan remedy/repair the item. Neenan will not perform any remedy/repair work for a non-warrantable issue without the Owner’s written acceptance of the work authorization form.